Citi hhonours Visa credit card is offered by Citigroup family of companies. With an APR of 15.49%, citi hhonours Visa credit card offers numerous rewards for the card-carriers depending on the type of purchase.
The number of bonus points earned by a user varies with respect the place where he/she has used the card. We’ll summarize the pros and cons of using citi hhonours Visa credit card in this article.
1. Why use citi hhonours Visa credit card
The reason citi hhonours Visa credit card is preferable to use by the people is the benefits it confers. With bonus points on every purchase and a wonderful experience in 92 different countries, this card has managed to cast an impression and build a reputation among the other credit cards of similar type.
1.1 How citi hhonours Visa credit card works
The use of citi hhonours Visa credit card is diverse. From booking a hotel to the reservation of a dinner at a famous restaurant, you can use this card everywhere and earn bonus points on every transaction. The other places where you can use this card to get bonus points include travel, transportation, gift purchases and shopping.
1.2 Benefits and Limitations
The cardmembers of citi hhonours Visa credit card enjoy certain benefits as long as they use it. The reward program facilitates the users by awarding an annual bonus of 1000 points if you are a loyal member and spent more than $1000 within Hilton’s portfolio. The golden, silver and elite card members enjoy a different set of benefit.
As far as the drawbacks of using this card are concerned, this card has proven to be better than other cards in many aspects except the travel. While traveling abroad, it offers each bonus point worth 0.5 cents while there are other cards out there with the bonus point worth 2.4 cents. It also imposes a transaction fee of 3% while traveling abroad, so it isn’t your best bet if you frequently travel.
|Rewards||Signature: 6 points/$1 spent at Hilton hotels; 3 points/$1 spent at supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations; 2 points/$1 spent on all other purchases. Reserve: 10 points/$1 spent at Hilton hotels; 5 points/$1 spent at supermarkets, drugstores, and gas stations; 3 points/$1 spent on all other purchases.|
|Signup Bonus||Signature: 40,000 points awarded after spending $1,000 within the first 4 months of card ownership. Reserve: 2 weekend night certificates awarded after spending $2,500 within the first 4 months of card ownership.|
|Telephone||Customer Support – 1 (800) 347-4934|
|Mailing Address||Citibank Customer Service P.O. Box 6500 Sioux Falls, SD 57117|
|Annual Fee||Signature: None Reserve: $95|
|Cardmember Agreement||Click here to view the PDF file|
|Cash Advance APR||25.24% APR|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5%, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $35|
|Purchases APR||Signature: 15.24%, 17.24%, or 19.24% APR, based on creditworthiness. Reserve: 15.24% APR|
2. How to apply for citi hhonours Visa credit card
To apply for the citi hhonours Visa credit card, the applicant has to go through a simple application process. Here is the stepwise guide to applying for this card:
2.1 Step by step guide to apply
- Click here to start the application process.
- Find “NEXT STEP” button embedded at multiple locations on this page.
- Click “NEXT STEP” button and you’ll be automatically redirected to the application page.
- Here, you will find empty fields for:
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Security Word
- Financial Information
- Membership Details
- Authorized User
- Electronic Disclosure
- Fill these fields with the authentic information and check the button that relates to the agreement with terms and condition.
- Click SUBMIT.
- After submission, you’ll be contacted soon with your account credentials or a verification link.
2.2 How to activate the card
There are two ways to activate your citi hhonours Visa credit card:
- The first way is to call the dedicated activation number 1-800-347-4934 .
- The second way to activate your new card is to register yourself at citi.com/ActivateHHonours, where you’ll be requested to share the credit card number, social security number and security code.
3. How to use citi hhonours Visa credit card
To use citi hhonours Visa credit card, you have to spend your money on the purchase of products, for reservations, and travels. On every purchase, you receive bonus points which can be redeemed later. You can manage and review your payment record by logging in your account.
3.1 How to login for citi hhonours Visa credit card
- Click here to login for citi hhonours Visa credit card.
- This page is designated for the users who wish to log in and review their transactions.
- The users will view the following screen by clicking the link given here:
- After adding user ID and the authentic password in the given fields, the user will click “sign on” and get access to the account without further delay.
- However, if you don’t have these credentials, then you can click on “register now” to make an account.
3.2 What if the card is lost or password is forgotten
The incidents such as theft and misplacement of this credit card should be immediately reported to the customer care hotline on the number 1-800-950-5114.
In case if the password is lost or forgotten, click “Forgot your User ID or Password?” link on the Login page to retrieve or reset password as well as user ID.
4. Most Popular FAQs
What is citi hhonours Visa credit card?
It is a card that is frequently used to get reward points that are later redeemed.
What is the APR associated with this card?
The APR for this card is approximately 15.49% (see terms for confirmation).
How can I ask questions related to this card?
If you have questions, contact us on this number 1-866-422-3091.
How to I apply for citi hhonours Visa credit card?
Click here to apply for citi hhonours Visa credit card.
I have lost my card, what should I do?
Report the loss of your card on this number 1-800-950-5114.
5. How to cancel citi hhonours Visa credit card ?
For the cancellation or inactivation of citi hhonours Visa credit card, let the customer care representatives know about your request on the toll-free number 1-800-347-4934. The request will be processed shortly afterward.
The card is widely preferred by most of the users because of $0 annual fee, a default SILVER status and the number of rewards associated with citi hhonours Visa credit card. However, the users who wish to use this card on their overseas visits or to pick up points on airlines can have better options than to get this card.
So far we have learned almost all the important stuff that a user must know before going for a citi hhonours Visa credit card. With the number of credit card options available to the people nowadays and constantly changing terms related to use of these cards, it is never possible to precisely predict the best choice, but we hope this will article will help you take a better decision regarding citi hhonours Visa credit card.