Is your low credit score not letting you registered for a reward card? Has your application for top notch reward cards been rejected on the basis of credit score? Don’t worry! Walmart Credit Card is the best option for people who don’t have a flaunt-able credit score. Walmart is well-known for its economical prices. It is regarded as a convenient store for household items and groceries by a large number of consumers. You might have visited a Walmart store at least once for shopping, or, you might as well be a frequent shopper at Walmart; in any case, your eye may have caught Walmart’s Credit Card offerings. Apparently, it might seem a very good and economic opportunity, but do it really is? Keep reading this article and decide yourself.
1. Why Walmart Credit Card
Walmart Credit Card offers cash back rewards at Sam’s and Walmart club besides special financing for large purchases. It would cater to your financing needs if you are a shopping lover and frequently shop at Sam or Walmart. The benefits and discounts offered by Walmart Credit Card are pretty attractive. The card offers a variable APR of 17.15% to 23.15% depending on your creditworthiness. While its late fee charges amount to up to $35.
1.1 How Walmart Credit Card Works?
Two versions of credit cards are offered by the Walmart; one is the Walmart MasterCard, which has a greater number of benefits, and the other one is Walmart Store Card. Prime differentiation factor among both offerings is that Walmart Store Credit Card can be used at Walmart stores only, including online websites as well as gas stations. However, if you use the second version of Walmart Credit Card, that is Walmart MasterCard, then it could be utilized at any place that accepts MasterCard.
1.2 The benefits and limitations of Walmart Credit Card
Walmart Credit Card offers a number of benefits but also has some limitations. Have a look at the offered benefits to decide whether they weigh out the associated limitations or not. It would help you to assess the suitability of this card to cater your financial needs.
1.2.1 Benefits of Walmart Credit Card
Walmart Credit Card offers a number of benefits, some of which are listed below.
- It charges no annual fee
- Offers free FICO credit score upon enrollment to online electronic statements
- Offers a $10 bonus for opening the account and making the first purchase; however, it is valid for the purchase of up to $250.
- Three percent cash back reward by spending at Walmart
- Two percent cash back reward at Murphy gas stations. One percent cash back rewards by spending at any place
- Special financing for six to twelve months
- You can request for a card for your family without incurring any additional expenditure
- 5 cents/gallon savings upon using Walmart Credit Card at gas stations of Walmart
- $60 cash advance feature in $20 increments upon making an in-store purchase
- Offers good value for people who frequently purchase gas from Walmart
- Accepts people with credit score as low as 630
- Walmart offers the best discount for people with a low score by offering 2.86 percent reward rate on gas purchase from the store. No other card offers such benefit to low credit score holders.
- The card offers special fraud protection by offering 0% fraud liability.
- Walmart Credit Card holders are offered a grace period of 23 days to make purchases on credit from the Walmart store.
- In-store financing: Card also offers semi-annually, annually, 1.5 years, and two years are financing options upon purchase of $150 – $298.99, $299 – $428.99, $429-$598.99 and above $599 respectively. You can utilize the advance, and no APR would be charged till due date. After the deadline, an APR of 16.9%, 19.9% or 22.9% would be charged, depending upon your credit history.
1.2.2 Limitations of Walmart Credit Card
Besides these all benefits, there are some limitations too. Here is the list of a few of them.
- Its APR is not too low, however, offered rewards lack variety and cannot compete the rewards offered by other credit cards
- A balance transfer is not allowed
- One major drawback is its reward expiration limitation. Your accumulated cash back reward would expire if you haven’t used it for full 13 months. It means, if your reward amount doesn’t reach to at least $5 limit within stated time period, you will gain nothing
- Although Walmart Credit Card allows lower credit limit as low as $150, however, after a few months, it might rise depending on your credit worthiness.
- Only MasterCard can be used anywhere. However, Walmart Store Credit Cardholder can use the card only at Walmart store
- One percent cash back reward is too low then the other competitive cards.
- Deferred interest rate is another weakness. Although, apparently it is a great benefit to shopping on credit without paying any interest. However, in case you remain unable to pay back your due amount before the end of grace period, interest would be charged right from the original date of purchase. This accumulated interest would be really costly for you as APR charged by Walmart is pretty high.
- Walmart Credit Card doesn’t offer a variety of rewards. Its only substantial reward is 5 cents/ gallon upon purchase of gas from Walmart gas stations. Other than this, you are induced to make a purchase of around $75 at least to receive one-time credit statement.
2. How to Apply for Walmart Credit Card?
Walmart offers a very convenient way to get registered for its Credit Cards. However, in order to apply for Walmart card, please make sure that you have attained the age of majority.
You can apply for Walmart Credit Card by visiting the homepage and entering the required information. Alternatively, you can visit any Walmart store or Jewelry Kiosk. Customer convenience has been taken into consideration while designing the overall registration process. Next section would give you step by step. Pictures have been added for further convenience.
2.1 The Application Process
click here to view the homepage of Walmart credit card:
In case you are applying online, click the “Apply Now” option. The following information would be required to complete the registration process:
- Your full name
- Personal email ID
This information would open your account with Walmart. After opening Walmart account, a new page would get open, and you would be required to enter further information:
- Full residential address
- Your contact number (mobile number or landline)
- Annual income
- Number of years at current address
- Communication preferences for electronic documents
- You’re valid Social Security number
- Your Date of birth
- Your Mother’s Maiden name
Alternatively, if you don’t feel comfortable with the online registration process, Walmart offers you another option. You can also contact on this number “1 (877) 969-9020” to complete the registration process telephonically.
2.2 The activation process
When you are done with your registration process, the next step would be to activate your account so that the card could be made ready to use. Upon verification of your submitted information by concerned authorities that may take a number of days, an inactivated Walmart Credit Card would be issued to you. In order to activate it, visit the web page and click on “Activate my card.”
Next step would require you to enter your account number. After that,You will validate your status, select security preferences by selecting an image (this step has been designed for your account safety) and complete the activation process by giving your consent.
Now, your account is ready, and you can log into it and start shopping online or in-store.
3. How to Login with Walmart Credit Card
3.1 How to Login?
Upon successful activation, a valid User ID and password would be created, and you can use this information to enter into your account. First of all, visit the “login homepage”. Enter user ID in the box. For more convenience, you can also check the box “remember me.” A new page would open where you would be required to enter your password.
3.2 What to do if I forgot my Users ID or lost my Walmart Credit Card?
If you have misplaced or forgot either your Password or User ID, it could be easily retrieved by clicking on the option that reads, “Look up your user ID.” This option is located on the main homepage. Afterward, enter:
- Full account number
- Social security number (only last 4)
Click on the “Next” button to retrieve the account.
After validating and completing the process, you would be able to regain the access.
In case, you have lost Walmart Credit Card, then immediately call on 1-877-362-5952. It’s toll-free number. You would be asked some basic account information and card would be blocked to prevent any unauthorized use.
4. Most popular FAQs
If you have any query in your mind, get an immediate answer to your question by arriving at Walmart FAQ platform; this platform gives an answer to almost every general query. Visit the homepage and click on “FAQ”. A new web page would open. This platform basically serves the troubled customers and contains answers to questions that have been asked on a repeated basis. However, if there is some query that has not been addressed at the platform, or you have some technical and specific concern, then you can contact Walmart Credit Card customer service department. Hopefully, the customer service representative would clarify your confusion effectively.
5. How to Cancel Walmart Credit Card?
If you are not satisfied with the Walmart Credit Card or there is any other reason behind your intention to cancel the card. It can be done at any time provided all the dues are clear. You can write cancellation request and send the application to the stated address on billing statements. Alternatively, you can make a call on Walmart Credit Services at toll-free number 1-877-294-7880. Your request would be forwarded to the bank and account would be closed within a short period of time.
6. Walmart Credit Card reviews
Mostly, the people have given a positive review. It has gained an above average rating of 3.4 out of 5 on the basis of 295 reviews. People have appreciated its low credit limit. They have also appreciated the benefits offered by the card. However, on the other hand, people have also criticized the Walmart Credit Card for its slow customer service. Some people have complained that their accounts were closed by Walmart without earlier notice. You can find more detailed customer reviews by visiting the following site.
All in all, Walmart is a good choice for you if you don’t have high credit worthiness and can’t qualify for the high reward cards. However, if your credit history is awesome, then this card is not for you due to its limited number of benefits. You can register for credit cards that offer high rewards on the basis of strong creditworthiness.